Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Corey Booker's words



We offer for your perusal a special Corey Booker edition of Pithy F*rging Sayings.

First, here he is paraphrasing Dr. Martin Luther King,

"The problems of today are not the vitriolic words and the evil actions of the bad people, but the appalling silence and inaction of the good people."

Here in his own words,

"We need a prophetic leader--somebody who can raise us above our baser angels and show that we are all tied in a common garment of destiny."

"People say white people have difficulty speaking about race? America has difficulty speaking about race. People--black and white--who can't fit me into their comfortable paradigm for how I should be get uncomfortable. I'm going to continue being me. I am going to be as authentically and unapologetically me as possible."

"I am a raging idealist, and I think that's a good thing."

"True leadership is not exhibited by how many people one can get to follow but by how many people join together in leading."

"It's all about the energy, and the more you throw positive energy and unconditional love in the world, the more its going to hit and stick."

Booker, a native New Jerseyian, was an All-American tight end at Standford, who subsequently went on to Oxford, as a Rhodes Scholar and then graduated Yale Law.

Follow this link to old, pithy sayings posts.

These quotes primarily came from an Esquire article about Booker which reaffirmed the Clarion's conviction in this amazing person. (The Clarion and Esquire have both been on the Booker bandwagon for years.)

No comments: